Serving the Baltimore, MD Metropolitan area and surrounding counties
What services are offered at Soft Day Spa?
· Facials are designed to address various skin conditions and includes cleansing, exfoliation with a steamer, extractions if needed, mask according to your skin condition, facial massage, and moisturizer with sunscreen.
· Hair removal services, to temporarily remove unwanted hair from the hair follicle using designated wax and/or sugaring paste.
· Body Treatments, which are essentially skin treatments of the body from the neck down. We use products that may or may not be used on the face but are appropriate for the skin everywhere else to cleanse, exfoliate, extract (if needed), mask, and moisturize.
· Massage Therapy. A typical full-body session will include work on your back, arms, legs, feet, hands, head, neck, and shoulders. Abdomen, glutes (buttocks), and upper chest (décolleté) may be added to your session and can be discussed prior to your session. A light natural oil is used to allow your muscles to be massaged without causing excessive friction to the skin. The oil helps hydrate and nourish your skin. A relaxing Swedish massage is often a baseline for clients. Your session may start with broad, flowing strokes that will help calm your nervous system and relax exterior muscle tension. Additionally, we do not charge extra for hot stones, cupping, or steam towels.
Arrival to your session:
Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes prior to your session’s start time. This allows for an unhurried experience and we can get started promptly at your start time. We are offering all intake forms and consultations online. Brief consultations under 15 minutes are included with your booked service. Consultations are also offered as a separate service as described in our service menu.
*Please arrive showered and scent-free for your treatment. Though some of our body treatments include cleansing the skin, they are not designed to substitute regular hygiene practices.
Late Cancellation or No Show Fees
A fee of 50% for your service cost is owed when you cancel the same day or don't show up to your appointment. Very few exceptions apply so we ask that you please inform us at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
Payment types accepted:
We are equipped to accept all major credit cards with Square (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), Cashapp, Apple Pay, and PayPal
Code of Conduct
Our brand Promise:
· Professionalism: We at Soft Day Spa take pride in providing professional skincare and massage therapy services and our professional appearance
· Honesty: We promise to assess our clients’ individually and professionally, to properly treat each person fairly and charge fees appropriately, only to maintain the integrity of our business and our relationships with our clientele
· Integrity: We promise that our practitioners will only perform services based on their areas of expertise and professional scope(s) of practice. We promise to offer clean, natural, and effective products and environments to provide the best experience to our patrons.
· Community: We promise to take pride in providing holistic services to the community
· Passion for what we do: We are dedicated to staying on top of our professions and staying abreast of any updates and changes within the skincare and massage therapy modalities. We promise to give our clients the best we have to offer.
Standard of Conduct
Soft Day Spa is committed to providing a clean, safe and relaxing haven for its patrons and practitioners alike. Inappropriate behaviors will not be tolerated, such as:
· Sexual requests/solicitation/misconduct
· Disruptive, vulgar, or threating language or behaviors
· Mistreatment of front desk personnel, practitioners, or other personnel
These behaviors will result in the immediate termination of your service with liability of 100% full payment of scheduled appointment. Further measures may be taken to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort if necessary. Anyone who’s service is terminated due to any of the aforementioned violations will not be rescheduled and will be banned from the establishment. Additionally, if it is in fact a practitioner in violation, the owner and management will handle disciplinary actions accordingly.
During Your Session:
Must I be completely undressed?
You will need to wear a mask. Undress to your level of comfort. A massage can be given with you fully dressed; however, no oil would be used, and it will not resemble the traditional gliding and rhythm associated with a traditional massage. During a facial you may elect to remove your top to ensure your clothing will remain clean; however, you could be draped over your clothing to minimize the risk. The area(s) where hair is to be removed must be bare to be properly cleansed and prepped for the wax/sugar paste.
Will the practitioner be present when I disrobe?
The practitioner will leave the room while you undress, relax onto the table, and cover yourself with a clean sheet.
What should I expect?
You will be properly draped always to keep you comfortable. Only the area being worked on will be exposed.
During your massage as your body becomes relaxed, pressure will be gradually increased to relax specific areas and relieve areas of muscular tension. You should communicate immediately if you feel any discomfort so that another approach may be taken. Massage and Skincare are most effective when your body is not resisting.
The practitioner may gently move you or tell you what is needed throughout the session (such as lifting your arm). Many people just close their eyes and completely relax, communicating if/when they need more (or less) pressure, or anything else relevant to the session. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Which different kinds of massage modalities are available?
Our massage therapists are trained to offer Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, basic Aromatherapy, Herbal Poultice application, Hot Stone & Cold Stone Massage, and Massage Cupping. We can discuss which methods may be most appropriate for you.
How will I feel after the session?
Most people feel very relaxed. Some experience freedom from long-term aches and pains developed from tension or repetitive activity. Your skin may feel warm and may tingle a bit, especially after being waxed. After a massage and an initial period of feeling slowed down, people often experience increased energy, heightened awareness, and greater productivity which can last for days. After a facial or body treatment you skin may glow, seem brighter, or could be slightly flushed from the activity on your skin. Our Sapphire Lounge is available before and after your session for those who need the extra time to gather themselves. After your hair removal service, you may feel relaxed, exhilarated, or both.
What are the benefits of massage and bodywork?
Massage and bodywork can help release chronic muscular tension and pain, improve circulation, increase joint flexibility, reduce mental and physical fatigue and stress, promote faster healing of injured muscular tissue, improve posture, and reduce blood pressure. Massage and bodywork are also known to promote better sleep, improve concentration, reduce anxiety and create an overall sense of well-being.